ICT Major, so lost first 2 years, but EOI tool considers those years and gives points! Why?????

mcgyver

Hello All,

I am quite confused and its seems those who are getting their skills assessed by ACS are going through a paradox due to the fact that there are some new rules set out for ACS to inforce.

According to the new rules, the first 2 years of my ICT related experience get deducted from the total number of ICT experience I have acquired in my professional career so far, since my degree was an ICT Major. As a result, I am deemed as a "skilled" professional with 6.5 years, instead of 8.5 years. So, I should have got 10 points for my experience. But I have filled out the EOI pages and after submitting the total number of points rewarded are 15, instead of 10!

Is it a glitch in the system? Does DIAC have yet to upgrade the EOI tool? Or is it a time bomb waiting to explode in the form of a rejection that may result in later on when a Case Officer says that my claimed points are more than what I deserve?

But, I have done nothing but simply answered questions listed by the EOI tool. The tool has asked me to state the start-date and end-date of each of my jobs. Based on the answers, it calculates my ponits for 8.5 years! Why?

Hello All,

I am quite confused and its seems those who are getting their skills assessed by ACS are going through a paradox due to the fact that there are some new rules set out for ACS to inforce.

According to the new rules, the first 2 years of my ICT related experience get deducted from the total number of ICT experience I have acquired in my professional career so far, since my degree was an ICT Major. As a result, I am deemed as a "skilled" professional with 6.5 years, instead of 8.5 years. So, I should have got 10 points for my experience. But I have filled out the EOI pages and after submitting the total number of points rewarded are 15, instead of 10!

Is it a glitch in the system? Does DIAC have yet to upgrade the EOI tool? Or is it a time bomb waiting to explode in the form of a rejection that may result in later on when a Case Officer says that my claimed points are more than what I deserve?

But, I have done nothing but simply answered questions listed by the EOI tool. The tool has asked me to state the start-date and end-date of each of my jobs. Based on the answers, it calculates my ponits for 8.5 years! Why?

Just put in the dates you wish to claim for, the system doesn't know what ACS have decided is skilled and which is not does it. Best to claim as little work experience as you can get away with to be honest.

Hi. Thanks to both for replies.

I can update EOI and modify the start date of my first job so that it coincides with the date as of which ACS considered me "skilled". I can do that. But, my physical reference letter from the first job (and therefore also the photocopy of it) still hold the "original" start date. Won't a CO notice it?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Appreciate if someone could advise...many thanks

all of my studies were from oversea.

does it mean at least ACS will exclude 2 years of experience of my exp ?

I will have 8 year exp on Sept...if ACS exclude 2 years of experience of my exp, I would rather do the skill assessment now as anyway I cant gain more point after Sept....

Again thanks for your help

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I have just realized that ACS deduct 2 Years work experience...

I have received an invitation based on my claims in EOI... I claimed 3 years work experience (5 points) in EOI... But now I have realized that ACS deducts 2 Years which makes my work experience to 1 year (0 points)...

Now, the question is, I received invitation on 65 points. If the case officer deducts 5 points of experience i will still have 60 points. Will I still be able to get VISA or the case officer will refuse visa...

As we all know there is an inconstancy in DIAC and ACS... As i filled form the EOI tool automatically generated 5 points for my experience instead of 0 points.

Hello All,

I have just realized that ACS deduct 2 Years work experience...

I have received an invitation based on my claims in EOI... I claimed 3 years work experience (5 points) in EOI... But now I have realized that ACS deducts 2 Years which makes my work experience to 1 year (0 points)...

Now, the question is, I received invitation on 65 points. If the case officer deducts 5 points of experience i will still have 60 points. Will I still be able to get VISA or the case officer will refuse visa...

As we all know there is an inconstancy in DIAC and ACS... As i filled form the EOI tool automatically generated 5 points for my experience instead of 0 points.

This has been discussed recently in another thread. A new policy has been introduced that can take into account circumstances where a genuine mistake has been made as long as the applicant would have originally received an invitation at the lower score. So for example if you were invited on July 1st at 65 points and the invitation score for that or subsequent rounds was 60 points, then it's possible that they will ask permission to correct your invitation score and assess you at 60 points.

This should not be relied on though as the regulations still quite clearly state that the assessed score must not be lower than the invited score, so it's a contradictory situation.

Thank you for taking out time and replying.

Since I have already lodged application and submitted visa fee $3528, I cannot update my EOI...

Having said that, DIAC tolerates honest mistakes even if it results in over-claim. But it is only on Case-officer's discretion grant or refuse a visa...

DIAC tolerates an honest mistake only IF your new score / actual score (lesser score) is equal or greater to the EOI scores in subsequent rounds.

I have a valid skills & work experience assessment of 5 years (Electrical Engineer). So I am standing at 55 points.

Can you guys please tell me that Can I claim 05 points for education of my spouse (She holds a 04 year Bachelors degree in computers and 2 years experience).

My plan is to submit EOI with her (if i get her 05 points).?

Hi,

I am planning to get assessed with the acs but I need to find whether am eligible to apply. Kindly someone help me on this. I have gone through the acs site but have got few clarifications.

I have done my bachelor's in information technology for full time 4 years in india.

I have worked in IT field as system engineer for four years in TCS, India. Mainframe and cognoscenti are the technologies I have worked on.

My age is 25.

I have not appeared for ielts but have done my toefl of which I scored 102 out of 120.

Is toefl enough or should I appear for ielts again? Is Mainframe considered by acs. Where can I assess to confirm whether I have the required points to apply

I have a valid skills & work experience assessment of 5 years (Electrical Engineer). So I am standing at 55 points.

Can you guys please tell me that Can I claim 05 points for education of my spouse (She holds a 04 year Bachelors degree in computers and 2 years experience).

My plan is to submit EOI with her (if i get her 05 points).?

Yes, she will apply through ACS...

She fulfils the threshold criteria which is 4 years degree in Computer science and minimum 2 years experience to get a skill assessment as "suitable" ...

Please make sure your spouse occupation is on SOL (skill occupation list), otherwise her assessment outcome will not be "suitable".

Once she gets "suitable" assessment. You can claim 5 points...

Hi,

I am planning to get assessed with the acs but I need to find whether am eligible to apply. Kindly someone help me on this. I have gone through the acs site but have got few clarifications.

I have done my bachelor's in information technology for full time 4 years in india.

I have worked in IT field as system engineer for four years in TCS, India. Mainframe and cognoscenti are the technologies I have worked on.

My age is 25.

I have not appeared for ielts but have done my toefl of which I scored 102 out of 120.

Is toefl enough or should I appear for ielts again? Is Mainframe considered by acs. Where can I assess to confirm whether I have the required points to apply

First of all Rekha you have to choose occupation from SOL (skilled occupation list) that best fits your current Job role.

Secondly as per my knowledge TOEFL is not recognised by ACS/DIAC. So it is compulsory to appear in IELTS and score minimum of 6 points in each section (reading, listening, writing and speaking). If you don't score minimum of 6 points in each section you will not be eligible to apply even.

First of all Rekha you have to choose occupation from SOL (skilled occupation list) that best fits your current Job role.

Secondly as per my knowledge TOEFL is not recognised by ACS/DIAC. So it is compulsory to appear in IELTS and score minimum of 6 points in each section (reading, listening, writing and speaking). If you don't score minimum of 6 points in each section you will not be eligible to apply even.

From November, TOEFL will be accepted as well as IELTS. Until then though, only IELTS (and OET for some occupations) is acceptable.

http://www.immi.gov.au/News/Pages/aelt.aspx

• 1 month later...

Archived